Friday 31 January 2014

Review- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

Hello all! Before I begin this review I just wanted to let you know on a side note that I've decided to wrap up my "attempted series" of 2013 favourites as I wasn't going to well with actually creating posts, therefor skincare and lip posts/reviews will be put up throughout the course of this year I'm sure.
 
 
 
Anyway I'm FINALLY back with a review of a new foundation I've been trying out.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is designed to "give skin a radiant boost,  made from a vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula for an even complexion". Part of the Healthy Mix Line of face products from Bourjois, all claiming to have an "instant anti-fatigue vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula with litchi, goji berries and pomegranates".
So what are my thoughts? Overall I really like this product. It blends into skin effortlessly, with a smooth gel texture, ideal to use with a brush or fingers. Coverage is light but buildable to medium, with a natural finish that begins to allow natural oils through with a dewy effect after about 4 hours. The lasting power isn't great, but average; set with my favourite powder (see review here) it starts to show signs of wear following roughly 5 hours. This foundation also has a light pleasant scent, great packaging, doesn't break me out and comes in at an affordable drugstore price of £10-11. Main downside for me is the shade selection, there's only 6 available- which is pretty poor, and they all seem to lean towards the lighter end of the spectrum. I have shade 51, Light Vanilla, which having moaned about the colour selection it is the perfect match for me.
I really enjoy using this product and will continue to repurchase if I don't find a better alternative.
Thanks so much for reading, what are your favourite foundations?
 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh this sounds great

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite foundation is from Rimmels Stay Matte collection! :-D

    http://simoneeart.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete