Wednesday 1 January 2014

2013 Favourites- Face Favs

So 2013 is now over, (sigh) and I have decided to do a series of posts talking you through my most loved products of the year. This idea was inspired by one of my favourite bloggers Lily Melrose, with different posts for different categories in the makeup/ beauty world. First up today face favourites.

 
 Unfortunately there was no stand out foundation for me. Still on the hunt for a HG option that I adore, though if I could pick only one product to use in the "foundation family" it would have to be my Dr Jart BB Water Fuse BB Cream. The skincare/ makeup hybrid is just perfect for lazy days and warm summers. The coverage isn't really there for full makeup days, but extra can be made up with my concealer. See full review of this product here
For concealer, no question it's the Collection Lasting Perfection. A complete bore now in the beauty world do to the endless hype of it being the drugstore's "angel product". But it's truly worth all that said hype, high, high coverage, long lasting and inexpensive. Don't get me started on the awful leaky packaging though.....
Powder was a tricky toy up for me, but I think I've finally settled on the Maybelline Superstay 24h. Gives a matte but not at all cakey finish, setting makeup into place well. The waterproof 24h claim is a straight up lie, but I can forgive Maybelline for having such enthusiastic claims. I adore the packaging too, not a single rub off of the writing, with a sturdy flip lid and nice clear mirror.
For blush I've opted for Clinique's Iced Lotus. Definitely the most wearable of all my blushes fitting any look, the most perfect true pink, matching my cool toned skin. I love the slight shimmery highlight too- very glowy and pretty.
The only bronzer I've used this year is Bourjois's Delice De Poudre (aka the chocolate one). I like the not quite matte subtle shimmer it has and the nice warming "just been holidaying" look it gives my face. Smells delightful and there's a whole load of it there too so should last me ages!
Finally for this post, highlighter. A makeup must for 2013, bringing a healthy glow and shaping to my face. My favourite has to be my Pixi Energy Blush- though I only use the peachy highlight from it not the blush. 
What have been your 2013 face favourites? Look out for a 2013 eye favourites post coming soon...
Sarah xx

5 comments:

  1. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bourjois bronzer too, such a lovely product :)
    Bea x
    www.beasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great post!
    You have a new follower! :)

    RUBYREDIRIS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried ELF Eyebrow kit? It works really well for such a cheap price (: Though I'd let you know lol
    I'm a new blogger to if you want to follow each other
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete