Sunday 10 March 2013

Review: Dr. Jart BB Cream


I've had this little gem for a while now...so I thought it was time to do a review! BB creams stormed the UK back in 2011 (don't quote me on that!) and I immediatley jumped on the bandwagon. The high end brands did (and still do) have lots of offerings, though not willing to stretch to their price tag, I purchased the Garnier BB cream. After being un-impressed with the shiny finish and poor wear time, I steered clear of BB Creams for a while. Though after purchasing "the original Asian" offering from Dr. Jart, I am back in love with this type of product once again. This BB comes in 4 different formulas; Water Fuse (the one I own), Premium, Platinum and Regenerating. The formula I use claims to even out skin tone, minimise the appearance of pores as well as hydratig and maintaining moisture. Even though this product is essentially a tinted moisturiser, I still apply my regular moisturiser underneath, as my skin is quite dry- especially in the colder months. I think that when we're into the hotter months I will probabley be able to use this alone as my skin is a bit more oily then and less dry. Anyway enough babbling on, here are my thoughts:
  • Added SPF25 makes the need for slimy, greasy suncream unneccessary-which makes me very happy
  • Sheer but buildable coverage looks totally natural and flawless, whilst still evening out skin tone
  • Super easy to apply and blend in, there's no need for a brush- though I do use one because I don't like having product on my fingers!
  • Beautiful metallic turqoise packaging
  • Didn't break me out- yippee!!
  • A moderate price tag- £18
  • Stays put with a little help from a light sweep of powder for setting
The only issue I have with this brand is that all four different formulas are only available in one colour. The colour will blend in to most white skin tones easily, though I think it's unfair that their isn't anything to cater for darker tones!?
 
The Dr Jart BB creams are available here http://www.boots.com/en/Dr-Jart-/Dr-Jart-BB-Creams/ at Boots
Which BB cream is your favourite? Have you tried any other products from the Dr. Jart skincare range?
Thanks for reading
Sarah xx

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing on this BB cream for a while now, thanks for this great review on it! Very informative and make me want it even more badly lol
    x
    Jessie
    p.s most of the asian BB cream has only one shade.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Jessie that's very kind! And thank you also for letting me know about the shades- I didn't know this so will bear it in mind for if I try any other BB creams out. Thanks for reading xx

      Delete