Friday 29 March 2013

Product Empties #1

I love reading these type of posts/ watching the videos so I thought I'd do one of my own! The products featured on here are ones I've used up in the past few months or so. I'll do little reviews as I go...enjoy!
 
First up, the Elizabeth Arden Double Density mascara (phew, that was a mouthful!) The thing I like about this mascara was that it has a small wand (this quality would normally be a downside for most people) but I have little eyes so a massive "volumising, lengthening" brush just results in me having a bit of a black, smudgy panda situation! I also like that this mascara is more volumising than lengthening, as I find I can look a bit like a doll with long lashes. Would I re-purchase? I think I might try some drugstore offerings as this wasn't cheap, but if I don't find a better alternative I'll definitely buy it again!
 
Secondly the Neutrogena Pure Glow Summer Boost moisturiser (another long one!) This is a gradual tanning moisturiser for the face. I think I got this in TKMAXX and I believe it's only available in the US :( I really liked this and it gave me a nice healthy glow to match my subtle tan I'd receive from the product I've talked about below. Anyway enough blabbering, I would re-purchase if I could but I think I'll have to try some things on offer from the UK.
 
Next up, the Garnier Summerbody. A lovely gradual tanning moisturiser that gives me a nice subtle colour and soft skin. I steer clear of fake tan because I'm very pale and it looks a bit scary, so this is a great option. I will re-purchase this for a long time to come!!
 
More moisturiser up next (god I get through a lot of this stuff!) and it's the Johnsons Face Care Daily moisturiser. I nice affordable drugstore moisturiser with spf. 15 and suitable for normal skin. It's a great safe daily moisturiser that didn't break me out and gave me nice moisture throughout the day. I'm going to do a bit more hunting and try some other options, but I will be coming back to this one if I don't find anything more effective.  
 
Finally, it's the Atrixo hand cream. Another inexpensive, bog standard product that I think was introduced to me by my Mum. It has a nice light scent and comes in a variety of sizes. I'm not a major hand cream guru so I tend to just buy what's on offer, but like some of the other products mentioned I would happily re-purchase this if I don't find something I love.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Apologies about the uneven image sizes. Which products have you recently used up?
Thanks for reading, love Sarah xx
  

8 comments:

  1. If you're looking for a new drugstore mascara, Max Factor's Masterpiece Max is the best I've tried.
    I'm definitely going to check out the Garnier Summerbody :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that recommendation Elle! I will have to give that one a go, as I'm just using u sample sizes at the moment so am in need of a new mascara! And yes the Garnier Summerbody is great, if you're from the UK, it's half price in Superdrug right now too. Thanks as always for reading xx

      Delete
  2. hey! I've been using the Dove gradual tan summer glow lotion, a great alternative to the Garnier Summerbody (might have to give it a try now!) check out my review :)

    lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com

    great blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I've heard about the Dove version, but my friend found it can be quite dark (I'm pale and red-headed so might end up looking a bit silly!) However I'll certainly be checking out your blog and the review! Thanks again for reading xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks, I'll be taking a look at your blog- love the name xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I've nominated you for a blogger award :D you can see the post here http://thefairytaleland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/a-blogger-award-or-three.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Elle! And thanks I will go and take a look at your blog post about that now, it's so kind of you and really means a lot! xx

      Delete