Thursday 14 March 2013

J'adore les Fleurs

Ok, so I understand I've gone a bit french on you here, but I just wanted to spread the love of fresh flowers!! These were given to me by my Dad a while ago (since taking the picture they've had to go in the compost- I'm not a fan of rotten plants) but I though they looked so pretty that I'd do a quick blog post about them! I think these were carnations, so they didn't have the most pungent of scent, but they brightened up my room helping it to look more fresh and Secret Garden "esque"! I always think flowers look very romantic and girly, so I've decided that I'm going to try my best to visit my local florist more often and pick out some flowers perhaps once a week as I really think they helped to brighten up my day! Finally I would just like to add that I was impressed with this old clay vase my Mum rooted out for me to put them in, flowers look great in any containers- I love the deschevelled tin can look filled with bright pretty posies. Not a fan of flowers? Why not try keeping some pot planted herbs in your kitchen window- actually that's a much more environmentally friendly thing to do come to think of it!
What are your favourite flowers, do you like to have them in and around your home? Thanks as always for reading, come back soon... and follow me on Twitter for further updates on my blog, I'm @apricotamethyst
Thanks again for stopping by, love Sarah xx



 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, I have just discovered your blog and it's beautiful. I love your pictures and your first review. I will become a member if you sign up to bloglovin'!

    It would mean the world to me if you checked out my new beauty blog, and if you liked it, became a member on Bloglovin'

    I can't wait to read your future posts.

    Hazel X
    whichhazel05.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Hazel that's so sweet and really means a lot! I sure will defo check out your blog and sign up! Just to let you know, my name is Sarah (haha) so I just wanted to double check that this message was meant to be sent to me?!
    Thanks again for reading
    Love Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flowers, they're so pretty! And thats such a good tip about keeping the plants near the window :)

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you that's very sweet! I've just checked out your blog and it looks great! I've followed you with Bloglovin' xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers, and cute blog!
    I'm following you on Bloglovin' now, feel free to check out my blog as well :)

    http://aboutboblog.blogspot.com.au/
    About Bo on Bloglovin'
    xx Bo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bo. And thank you very much for your follow I will definitely be checking out your blog! ;)) xx

      Delete